Trips to Chicago Suburbs in IL, Oklahoma City and Tulsa along with Newport, RI and Portland, Maine.
People of the Internet, we have a problem. For too long there have been people who pass along rumors without checking the facts. Sure it sounds like a true story but sounding like a true story and being a true story are two completely separate things. For those of you that don’t know I’ve been using the Internet for nearly 18 years and if there is one truth I have learned from the Internet, it is that if you forward an email from Microsoft, Pepsi, or AOL you will end up a millionaire. Oh wait no you won’t because that was a fucking lie 15 years ago and it’s still a fucking lie today. Also did you know that there is a kid on their deathbed right now that wants to you to send him 1,000,000 postcards and be the postcard king? Wait, wait, wait, that kid never existed?!?!? Oh MY GOD how could someone lie on the Intarwebs???
There are BILLIONS of barrels of oil right in the middle of the good ol U.S. of A. Billions I tell you! Shale Oil is the next big thing!!!!!111!1one
Talking about lying did you hear that congress doesn’t pay taxes, gets paid for the rest of their life even if they only serve one term, and that they feast on the dead but still warm bodies of puppies and kittens?! It’s true my uncle Sam’s friends cousins bosses gardener forwarded it to me, which means it must be true. I once read that the brand new (if 10 years ago is new) gold $1 coins don’t have “In God We Trust” on them. Wait I have one right here, nope there is no In God We Trust on the coin… Oh wait there it is on the fucking edge of the coin. See this is the problem with a large percentage of the general, they don’t really know what they are forwarding.
The unfortunate part is that many of the people who send these things are actually intelligent people, and I know they meant well when they forwarded along the message, but every person that reads this cutting edge information is another possible fish that might fall for the lies.
My real issue here is who is the idiot that first creates these false sensationalistic stories that tug on our heart-strings, hit on our religious beliefs, or social awareness. Was it really some smart person that thought they could pull a fast one on the me? Or is it some stupid bastard that thinks they can get the pitchforks and torches pulled on the targets of their deceit?
With great power comes great responsibility, and with the Internet it appears as though responsibility has got thrown out with the baby and bathwater.
Please think before you link, or forward.
Here is a list of websites that you can confirm facts on before forwarding along stories that could be deceiving or have misinformation.
By the way, Obama is a US citizen, Congress is held to the same laws as all citizens, the DreamAct would offer amnesty for illegals that join the military or has at least 2 years of college under their belt, AND if we all don’t buy gas one day it won’t do anything since we will buy gas another day… moron.
If you have a friend or family member that sends along emails or Facebook links to lies like those listed above, send them this email next time and maybe they will check their facts before they spread the lies.
Cool Stuff for August 30th through September 2nd:
I want a camera for our cats!
- Exclusive interview with Alton Brown as he wraps up ‘Good Eats’ | Radio & TV Talk – Great interview with Alton Brown, one of celebrities that I look up to.
This is the start, next they take over the world…
- Stout Beer Jelly | grow it cook it can it -Stout Beer, JELLY?!
- Pop Chart Lab — The Illustrious Omnibus of Superpowers – This is an awesome poster!
Ho there good neighbor! What’s this you say, Anne Hathaway is the new Catwoman? Well MEEEEEOOOOOOW!
These are the cool things I found around the web for July 14th through August 5th:
- This American Life’s brilliant episode on Intellectual Ventures and patent trolling – This really is a great listen.
- There’s No Wrong Way to Play Monopoly – Cool history information about the game Monopoly.
- Visual.ly | Infographics & Visualizations. Create, Share, Explore – A whole bunch of Infographics.
- Pripyat – Voskhod Building View – Chernoybl Tour –
- One of the Most Detested Sex Acts Is Good for Women | The Stir – Interesting new sex news…
- The Physics of Cheating in Baseball | Science & Nature | Smithsonian Magazine – There is no cheating in baseball!
- Start-Up Lytro Aims to Sharpen Focus of Entire Camera Industry – Ina Fried – News – AllThingsD – Wow, this could be the next big thing in photography.
- A Turtle’s Life for Me: Freezer Meals on the Cheap – Good info on making meals in advance.
- The Best Surface For Baking Pizza: Finale – Everything you ever wanted to know about pizza stones and were afraid to ask…